We pray that God may enable us to co-ordinate a network of Christian witness to Muslims all over Africa and beyond. We are eager to help you form a strategy and resource pool which can supply the needed information, training and tools (literature, audio and video, etc.).
The aim of Life Challenge is to challenge and motivate committed Christians in Africa, individually and collectively, in the churches, missions and para-church organisations, to extend their evangelistic effort to the Muslim population within their reach.
What is Life Challenge doing?
As a Christian leader you may want to learn more about the Islamic faith, or as a youth pastor you desire training for your people to reach their Muslim friends and neighbours. Indeed, personally you might be challenged to provide answers to a Muslim who tries to win you over to his side. We are here to assist you!
- Our Training and Resource Centre (TRC) in Nairobi provides room for seminars, self-study or specific programmes. It has an extensive library: books, films, and audio tapes designed to help students and pastors to study in-depth about Islam and Muslim evangelism.
- Contact us to assist you in creating awareness in your church or fellowship: CHRIST DIED FOR MUSLIMS TOO!
- We hold seminars for churches, Bible colleges and other groups. Contact us well ahead of time, if you would like us to conduct a seminar in your church; or arrange for a time to address the pastors fellowship in your town together. We need each other, for the task is far too big for any one alone.
- Literature and other media to equip you for the task has been on our heart for many years. > Our Distance Learning Programme LEARN & SHARE is a unique hands-on tool for young and old – a guaranteed life-changer! And our 12-episodes Training Film Battle for the Hearts is available rather inexpensively along with a Trainer’s Guide book. – Ask for our latest catalogue! Much of our materials are also available in Kiswahili, French and other languages.
- We believe in persevering in prayer and in supplying regular infos updates to individuals and prayer groups. Each year we distribute the prayer guide 30 Days Prayer for the Muslim World to churches across East Africa. Become our prayer partner for the Muslim world!
- We also offer consultancy. That means we discuss with you the specific situation in which you want to reach out to Muslims. We don’t charge you for that. Just call or write to us.
- We are not hiding behind our desks. Personal and systematic evangelism of Muslims matters! Therefore we run several practical outreach projects, one to reach Muslim children through a school and one to reach Muslim women via an embroidery project. Both projects are based in big slum areas of Nairobi. Every church should plan to reach out in an area near to their church and motivate their members to have personal contact with Muslims.
- We engage in partnerships across Africa and India with leaders who promote Muslim evangelism and assist them with literature and training. On the other hand our partners give us feedback on what kind of materials are needed and set up seminars where we serve as resource people.
- We pursue close networking with like-minded ministries all over Africa and beyond to prevent needless duplication. Christ is glorified when His people work together for the Forgotten and Least Reached ones.
- We invite interested people who have gone through one of our seminars to a one-week Training of Trainers (ToT) course. This will enable you to train others in Muslim evangelism. Your church should send a delegate who is committed to train others in the congregation.
- Last not least, we carry out research on matters of Islam, mission and evangelism. Several small research projects in Kenya and on global issues such as The Arab Spring, Understanding Islamist Terrorism and others have benefitted God’s people over the years. Yet as we lack personnel and resources, we covet any willing helpers in this field.
LET US WORK TOGETHER FOR CHRIST!