Qur’an 1 – Muhammed in Mecca
Join us the week of June 18 to 22 for our first installment in our 3 year certificate program.
This first module will give us insight and an informed evaluation of the early life of Muhammad up to the Hijjra, the migration to Medina/Yathrib.
Dr. Benjamin Lee Hegeman along with Life Challenge staff will take us through these sequences in the life of the Prophet of Islam:
Lecture material: (15 lessons each 90 minutes or 1 hour 30 min long)
2. Islam’s roots in the Bedouin world
3. Islam’s roots in the ATR & Arab spirit world
4. Islam’s roots in Muhammad’s family life
5. Islam’s roots in Muhammad’s revelations
6. Islam’s roots in early Meccan events
7. Islam’s roots in early Meccan doctrines
8. Islam’s roots in mid Meccan events
9. Islam’s roots in mid Meccan arguments
10. Islam’s roots in mid-Meccan persecution
11. Islam’s roots in Apocryphal accounts
12. Islam’s roots in late Meccan events
13. Islam’s roots in the Sira
14. Islam’s roots in the Hijra flight
15. Verdict on the Meccan period
Dr. Benjamin Lee Hegeman
A life-long kingdom-focused missiological researcher, curriculum-writer, teacher, and consultant with long-term experience in language learning (Dutch, English, French and Baatonu), in cross-cultural missional ministry (Canada, Benin, Niger), and in pastoral care (Canada, Benin, Niger and the US).
A career missionary of 25 years of overseas experience with Christians, traditional worshippers and Muslims, serving as church-planter, academic dean, school administrator, curriculum-writer and teacher.
A committed one-to-one discipler of young campus men (since 2005) and Bible study leader for young campus women (since 2009). A visionary in pastoral training, Christian-worldview teacher training, Islamic undergraduate training, and Muslim ministries.
Primary gifts are in writing, teaching, curriculum-writing, disciple-making, and vision-casting. Fluent in Dutch, English, French, and Baatonu, and functionally fluent in Flemish with an intermediate reading ability in High German.